Thursday 29 January 2009

Mice in the City

So, my Twitter followers may have heard, I'm having a few mice issues at the moment.

From growing up living at the edge of  a town in Lincolnshire, mice were quite a common occurrence, more in the garage or shed but occasionally inside due to being near the countryside, so I have not been that concerned but being invaded in central London on the first and second floor of a house with mice is a worry.

I wasn't quite sure where to buy a mousetrap, so I thought 'Where's the most deprived area near me?' and just by chance Chapel Market at Angel happened to have them in mass supply, indeed, an entire unit in a hardware store had devices and things to kill just about every kind of pest imaginable! Clearly, we are not alone, in more ways than one.

Within 24 hours I had success, shockingly, two baby mice in one trap... even vermin is on special offer at the moment it seems!

I do wonder however a) how on earth the mice got b) how many more do we have to kill and c) is this going to be a long running saga (especially due to baby mice)?!

I was hoping the issue was over, however, I had a confirmed sighting of baby mouse three earlier this evening, so I put more cheese on the traps and left the living room.

Anyhow, a random blog I admit, and I'll keep you updated... unless I get bitten by a mouse, get tetanus and die... but that is definitely a worst case scenario!!

6 comments:

  1. If you have baby mice running around, you know there must be some parents around too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno why my comments appear as "blog said"... I'll try not using OpenID...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Tom, the lack of dead parents is currently my main concern, so far today, no further dead mice.

    Also... not quite sure why it says 'Blog said' is there a setting in your OpenID you can change perhaps as it links straight your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "even vermin are on special offer these days!" great!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is Stef btw - logged in on google with fashion editor's email - didn't realise!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'Fashion Editor's Email' - get you! :P

    ReplyDelete