Sunday 22 February 2009

Pancakes

Well, I admit I've neglected poor little blog in the past week or so, but the coming week is currently planned by the hour and the prior week was not much better, so blog didn't quite make it onto the to do list.

However, today, along with my housemate Albane, we made pancakes! I am sure this would not be a notable event for many people, but for us, despite not being inexperienced at cooking, our success rate does sometimes leave something to be desired for, be it Albane who loves rice so much she still manages to cremate a pan each time she does so, or myself who can cook any veg and any meat as long as is with pasta and Tesco 'generic' pasta sauce.

Thanks to dearest Delia (I did try to Nigella but I couldn't find her pancake recipe) we followed her guidance and along with Albane + Chris teamwork we made six divine pancakes! My attempt last year failed miserably, a sort of shallow fried yorkshire pudding explosion, so I am beyond overjoyed at how they turned out.

Notable thoughts that we discussed whilst making the masterpieces were roughly as follows:
a) if you can cook a pancake does it mean you are now ready to have a child, for all parents must make a pancake for their child
b) should we set up a pancake shop, so we can make pancakes, sell pancakes and make money
c) we have enough flour to make over one hundred pancakes
d) how varying the quantity or milk/butter/flour/salt/sugar could alter the taste/texture of the pancakes
e) how could a man ever resist us now we are able to say 'Darling, go back to sleep whilst I go and make you some pancakes for breakfast?'
f) we may replace men with pancakes and get fat and never have a man again because we are fat but we will still have pancakes and we love pancakes because they love us back

So, I took a couple o f pictures of the pancakes, cooking, on the plate and I couldn't resist, my child/gerbil also had some pancake, because she is almost a human, just in gerbil form. She loved it, and I think the sugar sent her a little deranged.



So, much happiness from this unexpected culinary success and I urge one and all, make pancakes this week and let me know how it goes!

Pancake love, Chris xx

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't realised it was pancake day this week - as for "F" above - don't. Being fat is not fun. I suspect you'll get more fun from men than you ever will from pancakes!

    ReplyDelete